4th Annual Providence Earth Day Spring Cleaning – 2016 Mini-Grant and Event Application
The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability. The Providence Department of Parks & Recreation and The Partnership for Providence Parks are once again pleased to offer a small grants program to provide funds to help with your event for Providence Earth Day Spring Cleaning 2016, on April 23rd. Additionally, we will supply: posters, trash bags, lawn and leaf bags, mulch, gloves, and buttons. Also, per popular request, we will be providing hearty snacks and beverages for your volunteers in lieu of a party on that day. Please let us know quantities you will need for snacks, supplies and buttons (good for some freebies and great deals throughout the city!) Once again, a student crew will be visiting each site to take short videos. Our aim is to put all of these together to create a short movie to showcase your efforts.
- Groups may apply for awards up to $150. We will base our decision for award amounts on scope of project/events. Awardees will be notified on or before March 14, 2015.
- All events will be listed on a map on Serve RI and will include a description of the event, location, contact information and numbers of volunteers needed.
- We ask that you encourage volunteers to bring their own lawn tools. The DPW tool bank will also be available for a limited number of lawn tools. Tools are distributed on a first come first serve basis starting April 19th. Please use the attached request form and work directly with the DPW for tool loans.
- We are asking all awardees to post pictures and a short summary of their Earth Day event on the Partnership for Providence Parks Facebook or email them to us that weekend. We will have a brief survey for you to fill out so we know how to do things even better next year.
- The event is rain or shine. There will be no Rain Date. In the event of heavy and sustained rain, you may choose to reschedule your event for the next day or following weekend. If your event includes projects involving the Parks Department, please consult with Wendy Nilsson (Wnilsson@providenceri.com) before making any decisions.
- All supplies, food, beverages can be picked up at Recreation and Partnership Headquarters at 11 West Drive, Providence RI. You will be notified of dates and times when you can pick up your supplies when you are notified of the award.
What we will fund: What we won’t fund
- Clean-up supplies – Music and entertainment
- Garden tools – Food
- Plants and Trees
- Activities for children related to the environment
- Education and Conservation Activities
Please ask if you are not sure
Please complete the online application at http://goo.gl/forms/Z9UfkLVagS by March 2, 2016 at 5:00 PM
If you have any questions about the online registration, please contact Lesley Lambert at Lesley@providenceparks.org
By Mail: Partnership for Providence Parks, 11 West Drive, Providence, Rhode Island 02904
The Providence DPW Tool Bank Inventory Environmental Tool Loan Program will be available on March 1st. Please check back then if you need to borrow tools.