The following guides were developed for or as a result of Parks Academy workshops thanks to generous financial support provided by National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) and Toyota Motor Sales USA,Inc
- Identifying and removing invasives 5/13/13 Click here to view
- Pop up Play 101 5/11/213
- Community Gardens in Parks 5/30/2013
- Planning and Promoting the Arts + Play in parks 5/23/2013
- Accessing and Retaining Volunteers 1/11/2013
- Creating a Vision for your Park 1/28/14 contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Writing and Fund Development 2013 +2014 contact email@example.com
- Is your board ready to lead 2013 contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identifying and removing invasives 5/13/14 Click here to view
The Partnership is pleased to announce our Parks Academy. Read the description and then select the workshops you would like to attend. Please do a separate entry for each workshop.Please note: We will be adding registration for the Pop -up Adventure Play Workshop for May 10th and 11th , and a workshop on planning and promoting summer events on May 15th a morning and evening workshop option will be available. Details soon.
Read the full schedule for Parks Academy Workshops 2013
Join a Pop-Up PLAY Day to kick off Playful Providence 2013!
Explore a Pop-Up Adventure Playground, a free public celebration of open-ended, child-directed play featuring an abundance of “loose parts” like sticks and branches, cardboard boxes, fabric and other interesting materials. Kids will build forts, design structures, invent imaginative playthings and more!
Parks volunteers and others who are interested in children’s free play are invited to attend a training with play worker Morgan Leichter-Saxby of Pop-Up Adventure Play AND volunteer for a shift at the Pop-Up Play Day:
Friday, May 10 | 9 AM – 1 PM Play training at Providence Children’s Museum
Saturday, May 11 | 12 – 5 PM Pop-Up Play Day at India Point Park Shifts are 11 AM – 3 PM or 2 – 6 PM
CLICK HERE to register for the training and event.
Priority will be given to parks groups and members of Partnership for Providence Parks community partners.
The second annual Playful Providence is a 5-month citywide celebration of play commemorating Providence’s status as a Playful City,